Some people sail through their dental check-ups twice a year, only requiring non-invasive treatments such as a simple teeth cleaning. However, because we are all unique and have changing circumstances, some people run the risk of oral health issues cropping up, so they have to visit the dentist more often in order to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
If any of the following is applicable to you, be sure to inform your dentist so that he or she may be extra vigilant and prescribe a treatment program which ensures that your oral problems are kept under submission:
- You are a smoker
- You have a family history of gum weakness or disease
- You are diabetic
- You eat a lot of sugary foods
- You are pregnant
- You are on medication that decreases your saliva, causing your mouth to be dry
- You have a weak immune system
- Your teeth are prone to cavities or plaque build-up
- You don’t have time to brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day for at least two minutes
It is important that you keep in mind that as we grow older, our bodies become less robust, which means that we cannot fight harmful bacteria easily, therefore it is best to have oral issues assessed during its earlier stage in order to prevent irreversible damage a few year down the line. Contact us for a dentist in Cape Town who is able to treat all oral problems.